Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vladivostok

I have been searching a lot on line about Vladivostok, Russia. Wow it is very interesting. According to blogs from couples that have adopted from there recently, we will probably be staying at the Vlad Motor Inn when we get there. It sounds cheesy but is evidently very nice with large rooms and a nice kitchenette. I have been watching videos of families adoption journeys and it is so hard to watch. I cry a lot these days. My heart aches for all the little ones who will never know a mother and father. I would take them all if it were up to me. I heard a Christmas song by Steven Curtis Chapman the other day called "All I Want Is A Family." It totally caught me off guard and I was crying like a baby in the middle of Walmart parking lot! We don't always hear the other side of the story from the perspective of the child wanting to be adopted. We think about us and what it will be like for them when they come to live with us and what we can give them but how much rejection have they faced before us? We may never know. I hope everyone reading this has a Merry Christmas and I hope you remember to thank Jesus Christ for all you have been given and maybe be persuaded to give some of it away to those who need it so much more than you do.









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers