Thursday, February 11, 2010

Unexpected gifts

Have I said that God is good and absolutely amazing? I checked the mail a couple of days ago and found our mortgage statement in there with the big words "Urgent Escrow Information" on it. Every year for 9 years we have had an escrow shortage and ended up having a higher payment each month to make up the difference. So I opened it and on the back page in bold letters it said "Escrow overage" and there was a check there for $298.80. That had never happened before EVER! Wow how I love those gifts that God sends through the mail! It is always when you least expect it and when you need it the most. The men at our church pulled Dan aside on Sunday and gave him some money as well. With that plus our escrow check it pays for at least 5 nights in a hotel in Vladivostok. Every bit adds up and I am trying to write down everything so I don't forget what an awesome journey this has been. At the beginning Dan and I thought we had the whole thing figured out by refinancing our house and using the home equity money to finance this adoption. God had other plans and now I know that it was to be a lesson in trust and obedience. He led us here and He will see us through. What a peace and comfort that brings. It makes me cry as well. Humility is a really good thing. We received our visas today and I breathed a sigh of relief. It is scary sending your passport off to someone you don't know, hoping it gets there and hoping it gets back with what it needs to have. Our names are printed in Russian and it looks really neat. We will leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. I have been trying to get little things done as I think about them. Tonight was parent teacher conference for Erin so I gave Mrs. Wagoner the dates she would be gone and mom's phone number. Erin is doing well in school and Mrs. Wagoner is such a nice teacher. We discussed Erin's ability to be so disorganized but at the same time understand concepts that children her age don't get. She is really smarter than me. Her problem solving skills surpass mine by a long shot. She is so creative too. I went into her room the other night and she had found 2 plastic water bottles, put tape over them and labeled them like this:
Rare piece of air
Good bottle pets
Warning: Do not touch

The second one was labeled like this:
Well trained piece of air
Warning: may bite if treated badly/do not touch

How funny is that? I look at them and laugh every single time! I love the personalities of my kids and I know the new boys will be no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers