Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a great day!






Today has been a good day. We woke up and called home. Sam and Erin are doing well. I think Grandma is doing well. Not quite sure. Erin and Sam were picking on each other during the entire video chat. Everything seems to still be the same at home! :) We left with Lana and Irina and went to the baby home here in Vladivostok. Our sweet little boy is so little!! He is really cute and is the total opposite of the other one. He is very smart and opened up much more today. We will go see him again tomorrow and then we will officially sign the papers to say we will adopt them. Yesterday when we got ready to leave Spassk City orphanage Nate began to pucker up. It just about broke my heart. We know he has not had individual attention like that before and so much of it at one time. He loved it. He was expecting us to come yesterday and when we got there it was nap time. He saw us coming down the hall and was already out of bed with just his shoes and his underwear on getting ready to go with his nanny to get his clothes on. As he was walking down the hall he had such a happy, confident little stride and it just melted my heart. Anyway, as we got ready to leave he began to get upset so Lana our interpreter called him over and sat down with the scrapbook we brought for him and explained who everyone was and that it was his to keep along with the lion puppet and the truck toy we brought. She told him that we would be back to get him when the grass turned green outside. He left us with a smile and with that same little walk as when we got there. Three and a half years is such a hard age because they do know what is going on and they do understand when they are not wanted and that makes it hard to leave and reassure them that it is not going to be forever. After we got back today from the baby home here in Vladivostok we ate lunch in the Vlad Inn Restaurant and then we went for a walk down to the water. Our hotel is very close to the water which is the Sea of Japan. There were people way out on the frozen water ice fishing. I was afraid to go very far. I had visions of breaking through and Vladivostok is not a place I want to be when I pass on! Tonight we will just hang out here in our room. It is the first time we have been able to do that since we got here and we will be leaving day after tomorrow. Wow, what a whirlwind trip. We were expecting that though. We wish we could just take them home right now. Russia is such an interesting place. The things I am most intrigued by is the way people drive and the way the Russian people are in general. They are very quite people. The women really like shiny things, high heels (even on 2 inches of ice) and they walk all over the place. They have some of the most beautiful buildings interspersed with drab Soviet Style buildings. Most houses I have seen are very run down and are painted very bright colors. It is like they are trying to make something that can never be beautiful into something that they think is beautiful. They also like little things in their cars that bob up and down that are activated by the sun. It is the most bizzare thing I have ever seen. We are so close to the Chinese border so we have seen a lot of Chinese people as well. More than I thought we would see. I asked our interpreter about the Chinese and she said they are to the Russians like the Mexican’s are to the Americans. That pretty well summed it up I believe. Well, guess I will go rest a bit. Hopefully I can write a little more tomorrow before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers