Thursday, August 26, 2010

We Have Seen Our Boys!

Well, we have now seen both of our boys! We saw Benjamin yesterday and wow has he grown!! He has put on about 5 or 6 pounds since the end of January. He was also very talkative and he sang a very sweet song about a bear for us. They must sing it all the time in the orphanage. I think it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. The orphanage staff says he has been eating a lot and I would say so. We watched him eat a whole apple, 3 cookies, and a small individual container of Pringles that we brought in our bag. I showed him pictures of Erin and Sam and I told him only one time who they were and he would tell me every time we came back to the pictures who they were. We didn’t get to stay too long but it was easier to leave this time because we knew we would be back in 10 days. Today we went to see Nathan in Spassk. What a long ride!! The roads were even bumpier than I remember and it took longer than 3 hours to get there. Once we got there Dan was feeling very sick from lack of sleep and allergies. When we got there Nathan was coming in from outside with his group. He wasn’t expecting us and we didn’t say anything to him when he came in. He looked at us and we waved at him. Then he looked back and began to smile the biggest smile I think I have ever seen!! He ran down the hall to wash his hands and then he tore back down the hall and ran to us. I picked him up and gave him a big hug and kiss. He was all smiles. It was time for him to each lunch so we just waited for him. It didn’t take long. He didn’t want to be eating lunch I don’t think. He is still so tiny and I do believe that Benjamin has surpassed him in the growth department. He looks no bigger than the last time we saw him. He is the oldest one of the two but definitely the smallest. I brought a shoe with me from home to get a guess on what size shoes to bring with us next time. His shoe size is very small for his age. I would say I am going to have to go and buy some size 6 shoes for him. The one I brought was a 9 and it swallowed his foot. Mom sent a birthday present for him and he loved it!! It was a police car that made much noise. He played with it the entire time we were there. We spent at least 2 hours with him and then turned around and came home. Again, it was hard to leave but we know we will be back in 10 days. I can’t wait to give him a good bath!! Tomorrow we have court and the judge has changed it from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. I am so tired. We have been on the run since Friday non-stop. It is only going to get worse for a while. I hope to get lots of rest while we are home before we come back. I am so ready to bring these little guys home!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations !!We are thinking of adopting from Vlad . Can you offer any advice , directions, tips . We want to decide on an agency asap. Any comment on total costs for everything.
    T'anks JCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I adopted two children from Spassk-Dalny in October 2009. Would love to discuss "our adoption" with you. My e-mail is stoplittle@aol.com. Congrats by the way!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers