Friday, August 20, 2010

We have a court date!!!

For some of you reading this this is not new news to you but to those who don't know we have received our court date!! Our case worker called us last Monday morning and said, "The good news is we have a court date! The bad news is you have to leave Saturday the 21st!" Wow! so much for having 2 weeks notice!! That is just the way things go sometimes. The important thing is we have a court date of August 27th @ 9:30 AM Vladivostok time. That translates to Thursday August 26th @ 5:30 Cape Girardeau time. After 3 days of being on the phone with the most wonderful travel agent ever (seriously! :) figuring out our travel arrangements we ended up having to leave on Friday for New York and we are now at the Hampton Inn-JFK spending the night. The kids are safe and sound with grandma and I just know that all will be well this time. We will leave for Moscow tomorrow @ 2:20 PM New York time and arrive in Moscow 8:00 AM Sunday morning. Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Cape Girardeau. Now Dan and I are just chilling out deciding our game plan for tomorrow. At least we didn't spend our time running through airports today like the last trip! It was very painless and we even sat right next to a couple from Cape Girardeau that we knew all the way to New York. How funny is that? I had Mexican food before leaving St. Louis so I got my salsa fix before crossing the Atlantic. For those of you who remember the last trip for us you remember about the lack of salsa in Vladivostok! Dan wouldn't let me bring a jar of salsa with me. I was very sad. I did bring some tuna lunch kits and microwavable mac & cheese. I am going to try really hard to blog whenever I can this trip. It becomes harder and harder the closer to Russia we get because we don't always have and internet connection. I can't wait until I can post pictures of the boys!!!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are awaiting a court date from Vladivostok. Just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey..;-)))-Maggie & Randy

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers