Monday, July 12, 2010

Blogging is just not my talent




I know I am not the best blogger in the world. It is not that I don't like to blog I just don't have time. Laundry, kids and life seem to take precedence. I just wanted to write a little bit of an update for those of you who have been wondering. It seems like forever since we were last in Russia. We have had so many things happen since returning. Of course in April we weren't even sure if we would ever see our boys again thanks to the woman who thought it was just fine to return her adopted child to Russia. God is faithful in everything and we have learned many things since then. God is sovereign in all things including allowing the woman to return her child. ALL things are held in His hands, good OR bad. He has used that woman's sin to bring Himself many praises and much glory through His believers and my prayer throughout this ordeal has been that many unbelievers would come to know Him as well.
Today is the day our documents go to court. We don't know when we will hear anything about when our court date might be scheduled but hopefully it will be soon. We have done everything we are supposed to do so far. Our documents are finished and we are praying that the judge will not want anything else from us. I am not sure what else we could provide!
We have the boys room ready. I will try to post pictures. We have an amazing story about the beds. On July 2nd I was in the pharmacy waiting for a prescription to be filled (no, I don't fill all my own scripts :) and there was a paper in there. I found the want ads and there was one for wooden twin bunk beds listed for $300. I got excited for some reason. Maybe it was because we really needed the beds and it was getting desperate, but then again, maybe not. Nothing like bringing your children home from Russia with no place to sleep! So I called. This family was so nice. I asked about the beds and whether or not they could come apart and be used as twin beds. They could and so then I began to get really excited. I told her that we were adopting and then she began to get excited. When Dan woke up that evening I asked him about the beds and I told him I thought we should go see them. He wasn't as excited about it as me and I knew he really didn't want to spend that money because we just really didn't have it to spend. He agreed that we would go look at them. We got there and again, this family was just different. You could tell they really loved God and they were just so loving. We decided we would go ahead and take the beds. She then told us that the dresser could go too if it would help us. Wow, would it ever! Then she asked us if we had any sheets. My answer was no. She said we could have all of the bedding that went with the beds if we wanted it. Wow again! So we got everything loaded up (mattresses included which were in perfect condition) and I got out the check book. She and her husband were standing there and said, "When you called this afternoon we knew that you were supposed to have these beds. We have decided that this is our gift to you and we want you to have it all. You don't have to pay us for anything." I just started crying. Wow, wow, wow, wow! What else could we say? God provided again. It was a blessing to both of our families.
I am so thankful that I serve the only true God. The one who loves, provides, shows compassion, is faithful in all things, is just, is righteous, holds all things together but yet cares for His own in the smallest of details as in the case of this bedroom furniture. I hope that someone will read this blog and that this testimony of who God is will speak to them so that God might reveal Himself to them and that they would be changed forever. Once He speaks to you, you will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers