Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Judge Wants More

Well, we did hear something by the end of July as we had anticipated but it was not what we wanted to hear. The judge has requested 3 more things. Two of those things our agency will take care of. The other thing is for us. I can't believe I even have to write this. The judge has requested our "marriage certificate" instead of our "marriage license". He or she does not like that it says "license". Frustration of frustrations! Wow, I don't even know what to say. The point here is not to argue over technicalities. The lives of two precious little boys hangs in the balance a little longer because of this request. I think I found (I say this cautiously) what the judge is requesting in my "special box" downstairs. It is a document I have never needed in my 14 years of marriage (our anniversary was yesterday, how ironic) and I will never need it. The Recorder of Deeds has exactly what we need but it just happens to say "Marriage License". This piece of paper I found doesn't say "marriage certificate" but it doesn't say "marriage license" either. Oh I pray that this document will be it! If it is, then we have to figure out how to make certified copies of it because it is the only one in existence. It is not on file anywhere. Oh well, just one more hurdle. Dan and I call it "superior character building". By the end of this we are going to be supreme in the character department!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers