Friday, August 14, 2009

The Importance of Friends


I am amazed at the outpouring of support when we tell people that we are going to adopt. I am also amazed that there are many out there who are unsupportive and show an absolute lack of love and care for God's Creation. Most of them don't come right out and say it, (there are a few who do) but you just know. You know by the insensitive questions or the selfish responses. I am not saying that I think everyone should agree with our decision. I think the thing that concerns me the most is their lack of love which shows a deeper problem beneath. Rather than get angry or come back with a sassy retort I take note and realize that this person does not know the Lord. I have a deep compassion for those who do not know God. When God really gets you you begin to understand what it means to love your enemies. Up until a couple of years ago I did not know what that truly meant. I was too wrapped up in MY self, MY life, My family, My schedule, you get the picture. Only when you truly die to yourself can you really know what it means to think of others first and to love your neighbor as yourself. To sacrifice for God and for others takes a total doing away with SELF. I praise God everyday for letting me see this. What is really amazing to me is that the more I think less of myself the happier I become! This does not make sense to the world. At one time it did not really make sense to me. I remember a few years back hearing a sermon where the pastor was talking about a man that he knew and that man could not talk about Jesus with out tearing up. I remember thinking to myself, "Why don't I do that?" That bothered me. I began to pray about this. I began to pray for a compassion for the lost. Jesus promises in His Word that when we pray for anything, according to God's will, it will be done. Today, I cannot think about what Jesus did for me and NOT cry! Oh how I praise God for this! How truly wonderful it is to forget about the things of this world and abide in the Light of Jesus. I am drawn to the song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" and the wonderful chorus: Turn your eyes upon Jesus
look full in His wonderful face
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of His glory and grace

This is one of so many truths from God's Word that you can be sure of. I am thankful for friends who care. Their support means so very much. When God calls you to a task it is not always easy. You begin to find out who is really with you. For those of you who are with us, we love you as only God can allow us to. Thank you for your support. We will need you so much in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers