Thursday, August 27, 2009


What an emotional day I have had. Every time I look at anything I cry! I have been reading one of my friend's blogs about her adoption story and it also has many other adoption stories on there....whew! Where's the box of kleenex? We are progressing on our homestudy. Only 3 more pieces of paper to get sent in. We sent off our contract today to our placing agency so things are progressing nicely. I cannot imagine what our beautiful babies will look like! Beautiful no matter what!!!!!! So many things are going through my head at this moment. Should we or should we not take our children with us? Do we really have what it is going to take to do this? The list goes on and on. It is at a time such as this that I go into my room, shut the door and pour it out to my God. I was reading tonight to Erin from Genesis 6,7,&8. She had questions about whether or not all of God's Word is true and how do you know since different translations of the Bible say things a bit differently? WOW! Is she really 8? Dan and I must be on our toes at all times, believe me. It brought me to Job. Beginning in chapter 38 God has had enough of listening to Job and his "friends". My translation says, "Then the Lord answered Job from a whirlwind: Why are you using your ignorance to deny my providence? Now get ready to fight, for I am going to demand some answers from you, and you must reply." This is serious business. God doesn't stop. He continues until the beginning of chapter 42. I must insist that you read it for your own good. I digress though. The reason for my bringing up Job is for the fact that Erin had questions about the animal called the "behemoth" and the animal called the "leviathon" in chapters 40 and 41. She wanted to know how we can really believe ALL of what the Bible has to say because we (her parents) believe that those things were what we now know as dinosaurs. The world of course tells her other things. Even other translations have foot notes that say the behemoth was most likely a hippopotamus or an elephant and that the leviathan was probably a crocodile or a whale of some kind, maybe a shark. Have you ever REALLY read those chapters? Let's talk about the behemoth "hippo" for a minute. Job 40:19-20 says, "How ferocious he is among all of God's creation, so let whoever hopes to master him bring a sharp sword! The mountains offer their best food to him-the other wild animals on which he preys." Ummm.......I'm not thinking this is the kind of hippo I know, and you? Well, OK you say, let's entertain the thought that maybe I'm wrong (it's happened many times before) but what about the leviathan? Job 41:1-2 says "Can you catch leviathan with a hook and line? Or put a noose around his tongue? Can you tie him with a rope through the nose, or pierce his jaw with a spike?
Then there's verse 7, "Will his hide be hurt by darts, or his head with a harpoon?" I believe from the previous verses that crocs, whales and sharks have all been eliminated here. Ok, again, let me entertain the humerous idea that the previous mentioned are still in the picture. This was the clencher for me. Job 41:18-21 says, "When he sneezes, the sunlight sparkles like lightning across the vapor droplets. His eyes glow like sparks. Fire leaps from his mouth. Smoke flows from his nostrils, like steam from a boiling pot that is fired by dry rushes. Yes, his breath would kindle coals-flames leap from his mouth." WHAT!?! That must have been one messed up croco-whale-shark! Seriously, can you deny what this is saying? Oh boy, I'm going to say it, yes, these creatures really did live with us humans. No, not millions of years ago. More like 5000-6000 years ago, maybe even after that. When the Creation story is told in Genesis 1, God really meant it when He said He created every thing in six, yes six, literal days. The leviathan was created on day 5. The behemoth AND man were created on day 6. I love how the bible answers and reaffirms itself over and over again. I love 2 Timothy 3:15-17. It says,"You know how, when you were a small child, you were taught the Holy Scriptures; and it is these that make you wise to accept God's salvation by trusting in Christ Jesus. The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It is God's way of making us well prepared at every point, fully equipped to do good to everyone." Read it for yourself. Pray first, ask God to open your eyes, seek Him and guess what? You will find Him. (Matt 7:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He treats me like a queen everyday. I know that his loving devotion comes from the knowledge, understanding and wisdom from God's Holy Bible. He knows his role as husband and it is to love me as Christ loves the church. Marraige seems to work just perfectly when each person in the family knows their godly roles. I respect my husband greatly and he makes all decisions in the home after much prayer, Bible reading and seeking godly council from other true believers. Decisions in our house are made very peacefully. How refreshing is God's Word!

Followers